Monday, March 19, 2007

The Beginning

My name is John, and I have MD pride. That is Maryland pride of course. I am a 20 something male who has lived the majority of his life in the great state of Maryland. I grew up in Montgomery County, went to High School in Baltimore County, college in DC, and am now living in Prince George's County. I've jumped around the state a little bit but love everything about it, including its sports scene. I grew up rooting for the Redskins, Orioles, and Bullets professionally, as well as Maryland and Georgetown for college teams. My family moved to Baltimore in 1995, right before the Ravens came to town. I've come to love the Ravens as well, and don't have that stupid animosity towards the 'Skins that some Baltimorons have. Now with the Nationals coming to DC, I am looking forward to success from them as well, although my primary allegiance will always be to the O's. I basically want all Maryland and DC area teams to win, and I want to see local athletes succeed personally as well.

The reason I'm starting this blog is to post my thoughts on sports, which is my greatest passion. Hopefully I'll be able to draw some views from people who also love DC-Baltimore-Maryland sports. I would love to hear comments from people who follow the major pro and college teams in the region, as well as comments regarding small college, high school, and other local sports. Don't be shy about writing to me, because this blog will be a lot more fun if there is banter and interaction with other Maryland sports fans.

No comments: